LEAVE A LEGACY
MAKE A gift in your will
The Dartmoor Pony is the star of the show on the Moor. This hardy breed is integral to Dartmoor’s landscape, biodiversity, heritage and tourism.
The Dartmoor Pony Heritage Trust (DPHT) was established in 2005 to support the local people who breed the Dartmoor Pony with welfare and management issues, raise awareness of this well-tempered and adaptable species and lobby organisations that influence the financial and practical aspects of keeping moorland ponies.
We remain dedicated to supporting Dartmoor’s hill farmers and promoting the breed. By ensuring the Dartmoor Pony survives and thrives, Dartmoor’s natural environment benefits too. Above and beyond that, so does our planet – because healthy moorland captures and stores vast amounts of carbon that would otherwise be in the atmosphere.
Education is so important to us. We enjoy welcoming schools, groups and families to our stunningly beautiful heritage site at Bellever Forest. We love to see their faces light up when they see the ponies and discover how important they are to Dartmoor’s unique landscape.
We rely on a fantastic team of volunteers to help us deliver our work and keep our costs to a bare minimum. We truly appreciate all the support we get and every penny is put to good use.
If you would like to do something really positive for future generations, please consider making a gift in your Will to ensure the long-term survival of the Dartmoor Pony on the Moor. It needn’t be expensive or complicated to do and you can change your mind if your wishes or circumstances change.
- We welcome legacies, however large or small. Every gift makes a difference and means so much to us.
- Of course, you can make your own Will, but we don’t advise it. It’s better to use a solicitor or a will-writing service to make sure your money goes to your preferred beneficiaries.
- You can either make a Residual Bequest, where you give us what’s left of your estate once all your other bequests have been taken care of and the associated costs met, or a Pecuniary Bequest where you gift us a specific sum of money.
- If you have already made a Will but would like to give us a gift, your solicitor will be able to arrange things.
- If you’re happy to let us know your intentions, it helps us to plan better for the future. Rest assured, we treat information about legacies in the strictest confidence. But you don’t have to tell us. It’s your choice.
If you’d like to have a chat about leaving a Gift in your Will, please contact Sue Greenaway on 01626 833234 during office hours.
HOW your legacy will make a difference
Your gift will help us do amazing things, including :
One of the big aspects of our work is education. We welcome primary and secondary school students to our heritage site at Bellever Forest. During a visit, children learn how ponies are integral to the management of Dartmoor’s landscape.